Homemade Sugar Cookie Frosting that Hardens ~ The Perfect Sugar Cookie Frosting for Decorating! If You Are Looking for Frosting For Sugar Cookies that Hardens this is it!
- 2/3 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
In mixing bowl cream together butter and milk with an electric mixer. Slowly mix in powdered sugar and extracts.
Frost sugar cookies immediately. Let frosting harden. Store cookies in air tight container.
If frosting in mixing bowl starts to harden before you are done frosting cookies add a little milk and stir to combine.
I measured out how many cups are in 2 lbs of powdered sugar and it is about 8 c.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 4mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1.7% | Calcium: 0.4% | Iron: 0.1%
This is a charming one-bowl yellow cake recipe that I imagine my Grandma might have made. The recipe comes out of a McCall’s book published 100 years ago in 1910. A recipe that’s stood the test of time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, sifted after measuring
- 1 + ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra if needed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inchcake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter, milk and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, occasionally scraping sides of bowl. Add eggs, beat for 3 more minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally among both. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Turn out and cool thoroughly on wire racks. Frost with cream cheese or whip cream frosting. If using whip cream frosting the cake must be refrigerated.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese on low until light and fluffy, gradually beating in the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until well blended and fluffy. Add more confectioners’ sugar if needed to get it to the right spreading consistency.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cover and chill in refrigerator 30 minutes with the beaters.
- Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Copyright ©2008 – 2017 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
St. Patricks Day Cupcakes topped with vanilla frosting and green sprinkles.
- Duncan Hines Vanilla Cake Mix
- Wilton gel food coloring in Green
- Duncan Hines Vanilla Frosting
- Green Sprinkles
- Four leaf clover Cupcake Liners (Purchased from Hobby Lobby)
- Muffin Pan
- Mix up your cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Since this was a very simple vanilla cake mix all I needed was the mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil.
- Once the cake mix is mixed up add in the green gel food coloring. This was the perfect step to let my 5 year old son help out with.
- Stir up the gel coloring until the entire mix turns green. Depending on what shade you are looking for you can add in as much gel coloring as you wish.
- Now line your muffin pan with your cupcake liners and pour in the green batter. Fill the cups about 1/3 full leaving plenty of room for them to rise up.
- I was able to make a total of 18 cupcakes with this cake batter so plenty for an upcoming party. Place them in the oven for 13 minutes at 375 degrees and they will come out Perfect!
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for at least 15 minutes and grab your vanilla frosting and spoon it into a piping bag.
- *Tip: If you don’t have a piping back just take a Ziploc baggie and cut the tip out to any size! Pipe the frosting on top and top off with some delicious green sprinkles!
- Now pick one up and indulge in the heavenly goodness of these St. Patrick’s Day treats!