Death By Chocolate Cheesecake has an Oreo crust with creamy, decadent and rich chocolate cheesecake. Topped with dark chocolate ganache this is a chocolate lovers dream come true!
HOW DO YOU MAKE DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE?
You start by making the oreo cookie crust. You pulse the oreos until they are fine crumbs and add the butter. Press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool while preparing filling.
To make the filling you melt 10 ounces of buttersweet chocolate. In a stand or hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the eggs and melted chocolate. Pour over the oreo crust and bake.
Top of your cheesecake with some dark chocolate ganache and chocolate curls and you are good to go!
- Oreo Crust:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 ounces oreo cookies
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- To make the oreo crust layer: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor pulse the oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Put them into a small bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated. Press into the bottom of your 8-9 inch greased springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Melt the 10 ounces of chocolate in the microwave or using a double broiler until smooth. Set aside. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and eggs and fold in until incorporated. Pour over the oreo crust. Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set. Let cool to room temperature. Release the spring form pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the chocolate ganache: Melt the chocolate, whipping cream and sugar in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan until smooth. Spread on the top of the cheesecake and chill until set. Top with chocolate curls if desired.