Made with lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs, this chicken marinade takes just minutes to whip together and calls for only a handful of fresh and healthy ingredients.
Yield : 6 servings
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 lemons – juiced
- 1 lemon – zested
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano – chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large chicken breasts – (approximately 4 pounds)
- Prepare the marinade. Add all ingredients for the marinade (olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh thyme, fresh oregano, fresh rosemary, fresh parsley, salt, and black pepper) to a large shallow mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Marinate the chicken. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and mix well to coat in the marinade. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes to two hours.
- Prepare the grill. Clean grill grates and lightly oil with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Set grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place directly on the grill. Discard remaining marinade. Cover the grill and allow chicken to cook for approximately 5 minutes before reducing heat to medium. Allow chicken to cook for an additional 2 minutes, then use tongs to flip each breast over. Grill for an additional 5-7 minutes (or longer), or until the thickest part of your chicken registers 160 degrees F. with a digital meat thermometer.
- Allow chicken to rest. Remove chicken breasts from the grill and set aside to a clean plate. Tent with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!